Sizing Tips and Charts
THANK YOU for shopping with Extreme Biker Leather.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR SIZING CHARTS
PLEASE NOTE: Important FYI facts to buying that right jacket, vest or chap
Leather traditionally runs a size small!
- Putting vest over jacket? – look at how much padding your jacket has - do not go by its size
- Ladies leather can run two sizes smaller – measure your chest size!
- Chaps fit by thigh size - Length can be cut as needed
Read below for further information that help explain best fit for different body types:
If you are unsure on right fit for you, please call the store for assistance!
As bikers, we will help fit you into the right Leather apparel because we know what questions to ask.
Some more facts about the actual fit or size that you may need ~
When deciding on the style you are interested in, consider your body type, weight and measurements.
Some very important tips!
Ask yourself these following questions :
- Are you going to put your vest over your jacket?
- Do you like to put patches on your vest or jacket?
- Do you like collars or leather to touch your neck?
- Do you ride long distance? or night ride?
- Do you want a clean look or are pockets, etc ok?
- Do you like to wear heavy tops when you ride?
- Do you like black or brown leather? Braid or fringe?
- How much do you want to spend?
- How much do you value your skin? (High quality protection and platinum leathers or gear can be costly, but always worth it!!!)
- Do you need tall sizes? (very hard to fit long arms - we have suggestions)
- Ladies, do you like your lower back exposed when you lean forward?
If you said no - than look for longer jackets.
- Do you care for your leather at the end of seasons? (Find your local dry cleaner who specializes in leather conditioning)
When choosing a Helmet - we only suggest DOT helmets
(customers who choose non-DOT take responsibility for themselves)
review this helmet info page - remember to click back! http://obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/beginner/helmets.html
Full Face - never had one? Look at a modular first - less claustrophobic.
3/4 - a lighter style similar to Full Face without chin protection
Shorty's - the most popular (ps - if it says the thinnest DOT - steer away
**Measure your actual hat size this will help to find the correct fit.
All the above will help to steer you to the right fit and leather for you!
STILL NOT SURE? FEEL FREE TO CALL THE STORE -
585-482-7260 during business hours.
Please note that leather riding apparel generally runs small and most people need to order a size up (if you typically wear a Large in any jacket or apparel, order the X-Large). We recommend you measure your current favorite jacket to compare it to the sizing chart, or consider adding about 2 - 4 inches of positive ease to your body's measure.
Ladies, go by your chest size!! Please note that leather riding apparel generally runs small and most people need to order a size up (if you typically wear a Large in any jacket or apparel, order the X-Large). We recommend you measure your current favorite jacket to compare it to the sizing chart, or consider adding about 2 - 4 inches of positive ease to your body's measure.
Our premium leather belts will never disappoint! Built to perfection, these belts are perfect for riding, casual, or dress attire! In most cases, you should always order one size up. So if your pants say 34", You should order a 36" belt. Buts its's always better to be safe and double check. The best way is to measure a belt that you already have. Measure from the buckle as shown, to the hole that you currently use. From there, find that number on the sizing chart.
If you don’t have a belt to measure, you can measure around the top of your pants where the belt loops are. Then find that number in our chart.. For example, if your measurement is 33”, you would order the 32” belt. The 33” measurement is also found in the 30” belt, but it’s always better to choose the larger size.
Glove size chart and fit guidelines, to help you order the right size gloves.
5 Fit Guidelines for Sizing Motorcycle Gloves
Please note that leather riding apparel generally runs small and most people need to order a size up (if you typically wear a Large, order the X-Large). Please note Chaps sizes are measured by thigh, NOT waist. We recommend you measure your current favorite pants to compare it to the sizing chart, or consider adding about 2 - 4 inches of positive ease to your body's measure.